Mechanical Project Engineer
- POSITION BEGINS:
- Jun 6, 2021
- APPLICATION DEADLINE:
- Aug 8, 2021
No longer accepting applications for this position
FULL TIME POSITION
- Plan, coordinate and expedite the design and construction of assigned machines, parts, dies, fixtures, etc. This may include feasibility, testing or development.
- Position requires a high level of CAD/Computer Skill.
- Individual must be self-motivated with a sense of urgency toward project completion and exhibit a high level of design excellence.
- Individual must constantly be mindful of lead times, cost reduction and efficiency of design.
- This position requires continuous communication with production and administrative personnel and customers. Ability to work well with others is required.
- Quoting, coordination of manufacturing processes, and responsibility for multiple jobs are necessary.
- A working knowledge of materials, components, machining techniques and new technology is required.
- Design and develop drawings for release to shop floor.
- Maintain and update existing designs.
- Provide customer quotes when assigned.
- Provide work center routings as assigned.
- Ensure Engineering Change Notices are completed when necessary.
- Perform tasks with a sense of urgency.
- Attend kick off meetings as necessary to assist in the planning of large or unique jobs.
- Ensure proper cross training is in place for engineering functions.
- Provide bill of materials for assigned jobs.
- Monitor assigned jobs and report problems with lead times, quality or overages as they become apparent.
- Work closely with production personnel to ensure on-time delivery and quality of assigned jobs.
EDUCATION, TRAINING & EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
- Associate Degree or minimum of two years of Technical School in the areas of Tool Design, Print Reading, and/or CAD, or 4 years BSME preferred.
- 3+ years of related work experience.
- CAD experience required. SolidWorks preferred.
- Machine and/or Tool Design experience preferred.