Control Systems Engineer
- POSITION BEGINS:
- Jul 7, 2017
- APPLICATION DEADLINE:
- Aug 8, 2017
No longer accepting applications for this position
FULL TIME POSITION
- Provide control system engineering and programming services that involve adding new equipment, modification of existing equipment, supporting systems, and/or process improvements.
- Will be responsible for the design, integration, and administration of control systems, in which judgment and discretion is applied when dealing with the development and testing of systems.
- Will be involved in all the stages of any current or future projects, from its design and conception to its development and testing. Administrative work like research, management and quality control may also be required.
- Provide control system engineering and programming services for existing equipment in the facility that may include designing, purchasing, scheduling, safety reviews, programming, supervising, installation, start-ups, and maintenance technical support.
- Programs PLC motion control systems
- HMI development and implementation
- Industrial communication networks
- Works effectively in both an individual and team environment.
- May work on multiple, simultaneous projects.
- Leads a full range of projects, from small to complex. Is responsible for all technical aspects of successful project delivery, including appropriateness of application designs, manpower allocation and usage, supervision of the project team, and meeting delivery schedule.
- Assigns project tasks and areas of responsibility to project team members. Monitors quality and rate of technical progress. Provides mentoring or requests additional manpower if required.
- Proficiently designs, implements and tests a wide range of I/O, basic control functions, interlocks, sequences, operator interface and other control components.
- Is responsible for accuracy and completeness of all project raw data, drawings, databases, and documentation.
- Is responsible for compliance with project Quality and completion of all Quality documents.
- Prepares or oversees the preparation of simulations, test scenarios, test documentation, and leads Acceptance Tests.
- Schedules, leads, and actively participates in project meetings, site visits and/or startups. Initiates customer communications and meetings as required by the project execution plan or special circumstances.
- Identifies technical opportunities and economic justification for control system improvements and communicates those to the required parties.
- Is able to troubleshoot control and communication problems, conduct operator training, and tune control loops.
- Monitors projects against timeline and regularly reports technical percent completion to Project Manager.
- Diligently monitors for unintended project scope and reports Change Order opportunities to Project Manager.
- Keeps Project Manager informed of project status and elevates situations requiring decisions, changes, or management intervention.
- Has a firm and increasing understanding of both basic and advanced process control concepts and techniques.
- Is familiar with and follows procedures (ISO, GES, UL, Safety, etc.) and project work methodologies for all Systems activities.
- Is knowledgeable of industry standards and practices that apply to control system design.
- Is knowledgeable about the hardware architecture of one or more modern control system. Also has knowledge of legacy systems.
- Participates in in-house and external training and learning activities as directed. Prepares materials and conducts training sessions.
- Understands, follows and continuously promotes safe work practices.
- AutoCAD - Electrical
- MS Project or Equivalent Project management software
- BSEE or BSCS highly preferred
- Excellent people, team, communication and computer skills.
- Vision system experience (Cognex and/or Keyence)